RED HOT – DON’T MISS –
Just received Penny Sansevieri’s newly revised RED HOT INTERNET PUBLICITY! If you’re serious about selling books, this book is as important to that cause as a style guide is to your writing! Easy-to-understand for this non-techy, there’s lots of business savvy in here, too. Suggest you buy and read it!
About WRITING TIME –
A lot of people comment to me about how they don’t feel they make the most of their writing time. Since my personal writing time is now at around 4 hours per week, I hear you! WRITER’S DIGEST, SEPTEMBER 2012, has some FABULOUS articles on this and Revisions Made Easy – get a copy and read it through!
REJECTIONS – TOP REASONS (WD 9/12) – ARTICLES
1) You misread the market;
2) Editor loved the idea – and has already assigned a similar work to another writer or has one just like already;
3) Never got it. You do have to follow-up – just do it like a professional;
4) You pitched an idea that staff writers handle (I’ve done this more than once in 10 years);
5) Didn’t provide enough detail on how you’d approach the story;
6) Your query is sloppy;
7) Pitched too late;
8) Editor hasn’t read it yet;
9) Your idea is not special;
10) Editor thinks your writing stinks. NOT REALLY – that’s just what we assume when we don’t hear back or get rejected. IT isn’t personal – learn from it all and move on to the next project!
NANOWRIMO – Coming up in November! Get your ideas, outlines, families lined up and join in to write your novel in a month! August session now planned – visit campnanowrimo.org for the details and registration!
FREE SUMMER SERIES – writing and marketing experts every Tuesday night. Free, just register at http://bookauthorstour.com and join us for a half hour of great information! Last week’s entrepreneur said his top tip for getting good and fast at good writing – WRITE!!
Catch you Wednesday! I’m heading out into the sunshine today – even if it is 96 degrees!
Write on!! NQ