- How about a gift subscription to Writer’s Digest, Writers Market or Writer Magazine?
- How about a paid registration to a great local or national conference? (Contact me if you want some suggestions, at email@example.com.
- How about Julia Cameron’s The ARTIST’S WAY – available in all major bookstores and a wonderful system of inspiration!
- How about organizing a writing retreat? Chip in for a hotel suite for a weekend or even 2-3 days during the week (when rates are lower) and do nothing but eat, sleep, write!
- How about a basket or bag of books? You know you have many you will never get to! Toss in a book light or unique bookmark, a bottle of bubblebath or a box of dark chocolates, and VOILA! Basket wrap readily available at almost any store – go for clear or a color and tie on a paper snowflake to make it special.
- Write a poem or a short story for that special person – print it on a special holiday card stock, hole punch the left corner at the fold and tie colorful ribbon for an “ornament” effect. Loop it on the neck of a bottle of wine, or use it to “wrap” a writing magazine.
- Visit Kobobooks.com and you can send an e-book as a gift to a reader of your choice! I noticed that option when checking on our short story collection, SNOWBIRD CHRISTMAS, which by the way would also make a great gift! 🙂 Not a gift card, the actual book will be sent to them.
We’re writers – stretch your creativity and you’re sure to come up with something very special and “writerly” too!
Keep reading and writing! NQ