We can be instrumental in educating bookstore owners and our readers! Pass the word! Kobo’s e-book formats work on all e-reader units except Kindle. Kobo does have it’s own reader, but their e pub formatting works on Sony, Nook, and a variety of lesser-known readers. This is another way for us all to make money with our books.
How To Buy eBooks Through Your Local Bookstore with Kobo
Are you worried that digital books will ruin your favorite independent bookstore?
Google will end its digital book reseller program for independent bookstores this month, but you can fill up your new tablet or mobile device with eBooks from indie bookshops with a few simple steps.
If you have a Kobo eReading device or a Kobo eReading app for your device, you can buy eBooks through your favorite independent bookstore. Below, we’ve collected steps on how to buy eBooks from an indie bookstore.
How To Buy eBooks Through Your Local Bookstore with Kobo:
1. Visit the list of bookstores participating in the Kobo eReading program and find your local independent bookseller.
2. Find the eBook catalog on your favorite indie bookstore’s site.
3. Find the digital book you want to buy & click the buy button.
4. This will take you to Kobo’s website, where the actual transaction will occur. Every independent bookstore has its own storefront.
5. Log into your Kobo account (or create a new one) so you can make a purchase.
I have my KOBO app on my cell phone so that I have the ability to buy a book if I’m in one of my favorite stores. I also have the app on my PC and the tablet. At any rate – next time you’re chatting with your local indie bookstore owner/manager, mention this additional revenue stream! It’s in everyone’s best interest to do this! E-books aren’t going to replace print books, but they do represent a good percentage of the book sales pie!
On Wednesday we’ll have an article on how to sell self-published books in bookstores – keep reading and writing! Nancy Q.